More Improvements to Horizon
Horizon is the next-generation editor in Sitecore Experience Platform. Horizon includes the following features:
- The page editor, which you use to create and edit web pages. As you edit a page, you can see how it will appear on different devices.
- Simulator mode, which you use to preview web pages as they will appear on different dates and on different devices.
- Insights view, which you use to see analytics for your web pages.
- Horizon integrates with Content Hub, a platform for managing content operations. Such integration opens new opportunities for marketing specialists, including personalization and the usage of intelligent technologies such as AI and ML.
The platform has been the improved Horizon editing experience, a potential long-term successor to the Experience Editor which is arguably entering its twilight years.
Sitecore first introduced Horizon in version 9.3, and it went through some improvements in 10.0. As expected, 10.1 brings further tweaks, including the ability to:
- Search for content and media items.
- Edit link fields, number fields, checklists and drop-down menus.
- Create and edit data source items.
- Publish sub-items associated with a parent item.